Participants will be instructed on how to create a 7 circuit Chartres design labyrinth on a 24’ portable canvas. This workshop is designed to create community and collaboration. The workshop time varies between 6 and 9 hours.
• All building materials and necessary tools
• We cover our own travel expenses including room and board
What you provide:
• A clear space (no posts or obstructions) of a minimum 27 foot square
• Space availability for 1 ¼ days (undisturbed overnight)
• Volunteers to participate
Day 1: 8:30am to 5:30pm approximate time
• 1 hour / setup and introductions / 2 volunteers, may be lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs.
• 2 to 3 hours / layout and tape / 2 to 3 volunteers, cutting stencils at table
• 30 min break time
• 2 to 4 hours / paint / 3 to 4 volunteers, will be on knees and sitting to paint
• 1 hour / clean-up / 2 volunteers, may be lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs.
Day 2: 9:00am – 10:00am – or agreed upon time
• Folding the Labyrinth with 1 or more volunteers
As part of the interactive workshop, Nathan guides you step by step through easy to follow instructions, teaches about the Labyrinth and answers questions during the build.
4 to 8 weeks is needed for scheduling workshop. Please complete this form to contact Nathan if you're interested in scheduling a Labyrinth Making Workshop.
Nathan Wiles is the founder of Innate Creations, an educating labyrinth building and design company. Nathan utilizes skill and experience from his former career as an Interior Designer and Project Manager to help create his labyrinth builds and workshops.
Along with his 30 years of building and designing experience, he was trained by an established Feng Shui consultant and has practiced various meditation techniques. Now, with close to ten years of experience in both labyrinth designing and building, Nathan is able to join the collective consciousness of the individual or group to help develop their thought onto “canvas.” His passion is to bring a secular understanding to the mystery surrounding us in such a diverse world, while increasing the Labyrinth community through the education and collaboration with public schools, corporations and wellness facilities.