In the time of the year, when the inner world beckons, we will come together to explore what it means to create beautiful and meaningful rituals and ceremonies on the labyrinth. On Friday evening, we will participate in a ritual of inward turning, evoking the themes of the season: advent, hibernation and cultivation of the inner light.
On Saturday we will reflect upon our Friday evening experience to explore the elements of ritual creation. Lauren and Judith will give examples of successful rituals that they have incorporated in their labyrinth work. You will have the opportunity to create a ritual or ceremony to take back to your community. We will use the labyrinth as a laboratory for our creativity.
Some of the topics we will cover include:
- Choosing the theme—seasonal, special occasion, anniversary
- Designing the sequence and the importance of pacing
- The use of storytelling
- Developing the voice to guide a ritual
- Using your intuition to guide the flow of events
- The use of music, poetry, scripture to enhance the experience
- The use of flowers, candles, sacred objects
Suggested Reading List:
- Walking a Sacred Path: Rediscovering the Labyrinth as a Spiritual Practice by Lauren Artress
- The Sacred Path Companion: A Guide to Walking the Labyrinth to Heal and Transform by Lauren Artress
- Circleway, the Story of the Women’s Dream Quest
by Judith Tripp
The Reverend Dr. Lauren Artress is author of Walking a Sacred Path: Rediscovering the Labyrinth as a Spiritual Practice, The Sand Labyrinth Kit and The Sacred Path Companion: A Guide to Walking the Labyrinth to Heal and Transform (Putnam/Riverhead Books, New York). She serves as a Canon at Grace Cathedral and is Founder of Veriditas a non-profit dedicated to introduce people the healing, meditative powers of the labyrinth. She travels worldwide offering workshops and lectures on the labyrinth including a twice a year program in Chartres, France. In addition to being an Episcopal priest, she is a spiritual director and licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in the State of California.
Judith Tripp, MA, MFT is a psychotherapist, musician, teacher and certified Labyrinth facilitator. She travels worldwide offering Women’s Dream Quests, pilgrimages and retreats. She is the author of the book, Circleway, the Story of the Women’s Dream Quest and has created several CDs of meditative flute music.
Friday and Saturday Workshop will be followed by a Veriditas Facilitator Training.
To book your accommodation, please click here.